View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 05:27 AM
MinRest
Mmmm wine

Joined APC: Feb 2020
Position: A220 FO

Your ability to manipulate your schedule at NJA will never come close to a major airline schedule, ever. That being said, some people love the predictability of 7/7, and you have a little bit of control on the CC schedules, but just a little bitt. A thing to keep in mind, even if you add commuting to a major airline job, you can pull off working less days per month or very close to the same days per month on the 7/7, maybe a day or two more per month, but absolutely less than the 18 day/CC76 schedule.

I get not wanting to commute to reserve, but think some short term sacrifices for long term gains. First year at a major, especially if you have to commute on reserve, will suck more than the first year at NJA, but NJA won't get drastically better beyond that. Your ability to manipulate your schedule, reduce your days worked and increase your credit per month will continue to increase at a major.

Not trying to sell going to a major to you, you're at an airline so I am sure you know people at majors and know the deal, but from somebody who left NJA to go to a major, I couldn't be happier with the QOL increase, the money increase, the drastic reduction in daily BS, and the ability to basically pick which days I want off. Even my first year ( I was on reserve for 2 months) once I was a line holder, if I needed a day off I was able to make it happen.

I had a 2 year old when I started at NJA, and had my youngest daughter while at NJA. I remember vividly, the amount of times I was flying with a captain who was missing something as we flew and it really stuck with me. Having lived both schedules I am super happy with the decision to leave NJA.