View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 07:22 AM
Flyfalcons
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015

7/7 is just that, for the most part anyway. 7 on is longer than you will find at an airline, but coming home every time knowing you have 7 days off ahead of you is a good feeling. If most of the things you like to do at home are things that you can schedule, then you'll be able to use the predictability of the 7/7 to make long-term plans. If these events are scheduled outside of your control, then they either line up with you 7/7 line or they don't. If they don't, then you can request a tour slide and/or PTO days to accomodate. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

On the other hand, the CC60 schedule is less predictable in that you are bidding monthly for the days off you want. You will not be able to construct your entire month's line, however, bidding reasonably for the days off you want will often get you what you need. Again, tour slides and PTOs are available for making adjustments later.

Personally, I prefer the CC schedules. I like bidding for days off each month and I almost always get what I ask for. I do not bid short tours - more days flying when you are past the 10 hours will significantly affect your pay. A six-hour transcon will add nearly 900 dollars above your daily rate for the day, and I like to avail myself to those opportunities.