View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 10:50 AM
GeeWizDriver
Speed, Power, Accuracy

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: PIC

I have no children (given the state of the world, I am thankful for that) so my perspective may be a little different. Nevertheless, I happen to enjoy the 7-7 for lots of reasons:

1 Predictability. It would drive me nuts to not know my schedule until the 15th of the previous month.

2. 7 days off at a stretch. It's amazing how much you can get done at home with 8 nights and 7 days at home twice a month.

3. Long vacations. Every vacation drops a tour between two weeks of regular time off for 21 straight days away from the job. I usually bid consecutive vacations every year for 35 straight days to go on long, international trips. Hard to do that at most airlines.

4. 7 days on the road really isn't that bad. 6 nights if you think about it. And when the schedule is this busy, it goes by quickly and the extra money through FDP is plentiful these days.

5. With PTO and tour slides, you can manipulate schedules enough to be home for the really important stuff.

I'm no NJ cheerleader but, in my view, the schedule is the best thing about the gig. JMHO

Last edited by GeeWizDriver; 06-09-2021 at 11:01 AM.