View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 07:27 AM
DAWGS
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: No to large RJs

[quote=finis72;324687]Let me get this right;NW pilots get pay raises to DL rates,access to new aircraft deliveries this year and DOH. DL pilots get leather jackets. I think that is DOA.[/quote

I agree. They can keep the leather jackets. I am one of the few at DL who have come to love the old horse blanket.

Just a few points I wanted to make about all I have read over the past few weeks:

About the retirements at NW, there will also be a mass exodus of DL pilots following NW retirees. To justify DOH because of the amount of retirements coming sooner at NW is not equitable. They are also coming to Delta just a few years later. Should I suffer loss of senority for 30 years also, (as a previous NW pilot put it), just because NW has more retirees going a little earlier.

IMHO, I think NW stands to gain a great deal more than the DL pilot. If in fact the NW negotiators are insisting on DOH and management indeed does want to have SLI resolved before an announcement is made, you may see a few sticks and carrots enter the senario from management.

And a relative senority integration is not a concession by the NW pilots. I've seen that written a few times on the boards and in a few articles. If anything DL pilots should want more due to absorbing the old -9's and the possible furloughs that could come with their shedding sooner rather than later. Everyone at Delta can remember how quick the 727, L-10, and MD-11 and old -200's left when the decision was made and I'm sure the NW -9's will leave even quicker.

Although there are risks to the junior pilots like myself, I think the long term growth opportunites may be better as a combined carrier. I look foward to seeing the negotiators work. Any SLI resembling DOH will be DOA.

DAWGS