View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 12:22 PM
MinRest
Mmmm wine

Joined APC: Feb 2020
Position: A220 FO

Originally Posted by 4thgenaviator View Post
Thank you. That’s some great information.

IMO, there’s a big difference between flexibility and predictability. AA offers flexibility, to be sure. But how much of an investment is required to live in your desired base and have a predictable schedule? I’m not against AA. I have do have friends there. But each of them who are recent hires are commuting to reserve. None can hold Charlotte.
Predicability is also a relative term. On the 7/7 I knew my schedule for the next year basically, but the show times, airports, types of duty, airlines, rental cars, ubers, all changed 20 times a day. At my airline, I know my schedule 3 weeks before the month starts, and the changes to it are super rare. I much prefer that lack of stress and find it MORE predictable by leaps and bounds over anything I had at NJA.

If you want to know 6 months from now that you have Tuesday off, but don't mind being dragged around like a piece of meat for 7 days on the road when you do work, NJA will be a good fit. If you don't do well with constant changes and running around for 12 hours a day, for 7 days, then you will burn out at NJA quick.