View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Eric Stratton
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
Folks on other boards have played with the concept of a scenario where everyone bid the most senior equipment they could hold - then doing a equipment ratio. That would answer your concern about folks who bid QOL.

No one gives a crud about the 2007 hires, but for the guy who chased down a Delta job because he wanted 767ER flying it is a tough break to be told "you're going to Detroit on a DC-9," after all, that is not the job he signed up for. At the same time, a guy on the DC-9 hired in early 2007 could hold a good block on a 767ER in New York - $58 v/s $81 per hour for starters - one heck of a windfall. The career whipsaw at the bottom end is really wild - any ideas on how we fix that?

I think we will all have jobs and there will be growth at both airlines. I just hope that you keep your job and I keep my job. No forced trading, no displacements.
do you really feel that you'll be kicked out of the 767 and sent to detroit??? that's like saying my buddy who went to nwa so he wouldn't have to commute will be sent to atl to fly the 88's so a delta guy can move back home to an nwa hub or shorten his commute. it ain't gonna happen.