View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 10:21 AM
C17B74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX

Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
Well, change is coming one way or another. I certainly don't expect to get everything we want, but there are significant changes to the way the RIG and patterns are handled for pay that are positive.

One of the most glaring issues is that currently, you can be forced to gateway to your base up to 24 hours in advance, and then the trip can delay for day or so and you are still not on the clock.
True....Very True, but sometimes you can tweak out a deal when you see the first “scheduled” (I say that lightly) flight on a delay well ahead of your projected departure and leave on day 1 or even 2. I know you lose some opportunities but you work it to your advantage when able (very limited).

On the other hand you can casually arrive at your base strolling thru the Airport before heading to the hotel and the phone lights up. Answer or not hmmmm, but sometimes Bam, now your Business class to XXXX for the next 8hrs clocks ticking however so slowly/33% but chilling out. Yes, screw sessions run rampant out there but there are chinks in the armor. I know, not our job like many things but being that slippery eel is advantageous.

*If your are adverse to “change” and need a solid schedule, do NOT come here as we pop up as a synonym....