View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 10:29 AM
chase
XOJET Citation X

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: DO, Baker Aviation, Citation X
Default XOJET Hiring/Pay Announcements

Today's announcements by Kevin Thomas, COO XOJet, had lots of good news:

1. XOCR (Global/350) & XOAV (X/300) will be merging...pay, work rules, operations will be all combined together. One caveat is the 17/13 will still be in place for Global crews due to their international schedule as more and more countries are opening up. An 8/6 schedule isn't effective for Global crews. The other fleet types will have a proportion of pilots on 15/13 (30) and remaining pilots on 8/6, Flex (70%). This will be based upon seniority.

2. 300/350 crews will all be checked out to fly any of the fleet, regardless of it is a Vista or XO configured airplane. Makes scheduling much easier.

3. All Pay freezes (for CAs over 10 yrs) and COLA freezes are lifted immediately. All Capt raises revert back to the original MOU signed in 2020. That data will be confirmed and I'll post that...FO entry pay as listed on website is still accurate.

4. A FAQ regarding all the changes are being prepared and will help get answers to questions that will inevitably be asked...will post more clarity as soon as I get them.

5. New aircraft on the X and 300 side coming near term and more 350 later in '21.

6. Last 3 months of yields have met or exceeded targets so was a major reason for the elimination of the freezes.

7. Will take time for the details to filter onto the website and HR folks are awaiting clarification but will be the point people in providing accurate information in the coming days and weeks as the dust settles.

8. 45 candidates interviewed in May, a little over 1/3 were passed along to the next review process. 2 new FOs in class starting this Monday. Don't know the breakdown of experience and probably won't have that until new hires hit the line.

9 Redwing is growing its fleet of XLS; hiring will occur under XO HR team but will be working under their own work rules. No discussions of if/when the same thing for RW would or might happen as to what happened with XO/VJ crews. The good news, is more pilot jobs at RWA for those wanting to work.

Impressed that the management XO & VJ management team did a thorough audit of many factors; surveys, yield numbers as mentioned but what the pilots were saying about the changes was significant also and determined the overall brand of VJ/XO would be helped if make the above changes/restorations were to occur. Despite what some naysayer's comments have alluded to, I applaud them for "listening" to our CPOs and leadership to keep us all moving in the same direction.

Old XOJET was not perfect but it was the basis for which people make comparisons and why VJ & investors bought 49% of XO. The fact that old XOJET wasn't flying to EU, Asia and other places requires a "new" XOJET and XO couldn't have gotten there by itself. Vista is providing that opportunity. If that doesn't appeal to folks, I get it but to me the changes and the future look very bright and encouraging. The changes are occurring, some may like them, others may not but to get to the next level XO is looking for the same type of folks that have made it a great place to work in the past and currently IMHO.

The '21 models of cars look very different than the models from 5-10 years ago...the same can be said of any company that works in such a dynamic environment such as aviation. I'm optimistic XO is a great place to come for the near future and down the road for those who want this type of experience versus a 121 career. It is also a great place to build time and experience that will make you highly attractive for 121 carriers..even the COO says that.

Lots of great energy and vision for growth in the company. Fleet size is increasing, more international flying opportunities for Challenger qualified pilots (several are being farmed out for overseas flying for several months, volunteers only) and more.

Always looking for a few good gals/guys. Good luck to all.