View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 07:54 PM
StripAlert
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: Against

Originally Posted by Superpilot92 View Post
The only problem with that is newbs at NWA have FAR better seniority progression over the next 10 years than DAL newbs. Most of us chose NWA because of the seniority progression. This whole thing should go based on career expectations. If you were set to retire at #100 for retirement at DAL thats very close to where you should be in a combined list. I am set to retire probably in the top 20 at NWA if we stay on our own. I tell you what lets do DOH and put up 38 year fences
I can't believe all this talk about retiring at whatever number. I haven't a clue what my seniority would be at retirement, because I have no desire to fly until 60, let alone 65 now. I think I'd be a lot happier at 65 sitting on an island someplace drinking a margarita than in the cockpit of a 777 somewhere over the Atlantic in the middle of the night smug in the knowledge that there are only four guys senior to me at the company while simultaneously lamenting the fact that I had to fly to Frankfurt on Monday instead of Tuesday because that damn younger guy Jim was hired two weeks before me, 30 years ago.

For what it's worth, I'm a whole lot more concerned about pay and quality of life *now* so I can get the hell out of here long before I turn 60. Hopefully I can also make someone else happy by getting out of the way so he can retire at 23 instead of 24, and then keel over dead the next day...

Good grief...