View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 11:10 PM
KirillTheThrill
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2021

Originally Posted by Turbosina View Post
A few years back we had a situation which you might say involved inflight safety. I posted a very cryptic suggestion that referenced that situation. Other posters then took that, ran with it, and posted the details of said situation, so that within a few hours of my post, anyone could learn the details of what had happened. However, my post contained no details, no identifying information about me, nor did it directly state that said situation had actually occurred.

It took less than 12 hours from the time I made that post for my phone to ring. It was a very, very, very senior executive at our company, and I think he'd have been less infuriated if I'd gotten his underage daughter in a family way, so to speak. I won't discuss how the situation was resolved, but suffice it to say: if domino actually works here (and 10X if he's one of our clueless FO ground instructors), all it takes is one phone call to have his identity divulged. You have no privacy, and APC will do nothing to keep your identity private.

SGU, like many airline HQs, has people whose sole job it is to monitor the Internet for employee postings. I learned this the hard way.
That’s something, because we just had an APC moderator recently encouraging said person to give the details to an incident that was meant as private information for employees only.