Thread: XOJET Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 09:05 AM
Dnr032
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Originally Posted by chase View Post
In reading my reply above it may not have been clear what I was saying regarding this statement.

"​​​​​​I.e. 1-4, 8-11, 15-18 of a month."

To be clearer, I bid for 1-4 Aug off, 8-11 Aug off and 15-18 Aug off. Based upon seniority, I may or may not get those exact days off but scheduling knows to try to give me as many of those specific days off as possible.

I never flew under a Preferred Bidding System (PBS) but it is similar in nature in that one is bidding for a floating set of days off. The good thing some folks like about it is that you can bid a large block of flying days in a row that will allow you to get more than a standard 6 days off when one is flying an 8/6 schedule. It all depends upon your set of circumstances.

I alluded that there is only one bid opportunity a year for 8/6 & 15/13...not exactly true. Because people are leaving, upgrading, new hires, there is a quarterly bid cycle that allows rebidding of one's rotations. I believe Flex is on a 4 month cycle instead of 3 months but again I'm sure others on here can correct that if they know more.

The extra money is nice and some like the option to have more days off in a row...thanks for your interest.
As always, thank you for the detailed information. Do you think XO Jet will ever go to a straight 7/7 schedule like NetJets and Flexjet?