Old 07-19-2021, 08:37 AM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by Pro Bono View Post
Sometimes, it's "good trouble" to be anti-authoritarian unless you live in a dictatorship.

I say, if the record doesn't already exist, make them do their due diligence to discover the "lie." Then, if they do, apologize and provide all documentation. I've lied on forms with serious jail time as a deterrent, went to the admin hearing and lost, and called their bluff - no jail time or fine. I challenged the validity of enforcement to force the government to show how well/poorly they are able to uphold ridiculous rules. It was inconvienent and cost the taxpayer money, but it felt really good fighting ridiculous regulations.
Two posts and you're already in deep...advocating both fraud and falsification on a federal form. Substantial penalties are attached.

Don't you dare quote John Lewis and muddy his advocacy for "good trouble" with what you're professing; drug use, lying, cheating, falsification, fraud, and a federal crime. That's not "good trouble." It's a crime. A very clear crime. It's also an outstanding way to torpedo a career. Permanently.

If you can't be trusted to fill out a god damn form correctly, how in the hell can you be trusted to pilot an aircraft? Good god. Do you think before you write? Obviously not well. Try again.