View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 07:01 AM
EAFF95
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by Aero1900 View Post
For the company it isn't just about coverage. It's a cost thing. It costs money to have us on the payroll even if you drop to zero and they don't give you a pay check. So they want to make you work to earn your keep. I'm surprised that any airline allows pilots to drop to zero.
I agree it’s a cost thing, I’ll go farther than what you’re saying though. At F9 the more open time the more costly it is for our company since we have a 1.25 override over 82. Spirit does not.

Additionally nobody thinks about the positive aspect of having the limits in place. If you are allowing people to drop to 0 that means a lot worse reserve coverage for the month which results in less flexibility for line holders that just want to drop or swap a few trips.

I think our system is fine and if we’re using negotiating capital, how about we spend it on something like a calendar minimum day instead of duty min day. Then you won’t have 6 hour red eye turns or 10 hour three days with a 28 hour layover somewhere you don’t want to be.