Thread: AA Hiring?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 07:26 AM
Inclined plane
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Originally Posted by mukalel View Post
While I think flow is great for regional new hires, it has been doing a huge disservice to OTS folks. AA does not interview or screen anyone that woke for these regional flows. All it seems you need is a pulse to get hired on at one of these flowing regionals. Yet OTS folks have extreme screening requirements.. almost impossible to get a call even with 10 times the variety and value of qualifications.

Yes sir, and that is the “tit-for-tat” agreement between wholly owned pilot applicants and AAG that was made when a wholly owned pilot agreed to show up for day 1 of indoc at one of the regionals. In exchange for keeping AAGs wholly owned staffed while working for lower wages under a persisting bankruptcy contract and generally sub-par treatment and QOL, we are given relief from having to compete with OTS. It’s a strategy and benefit that is potentially open to anyone. In other words, flow throughs have “seen some pain”. Buy’em a GD cuppa Joe for chryssakes (intentionally misspelled, grammar police). I know you know this, just felt therapeutic to chime in. My flow parole is in 6 months.