View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 03:32 PM
avi8er
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by OhioFlyer717 View Post
So, I Love the predictability of the 7/7. So does my wife (who also works). It helps us set up day care/ baby sitting when I'm gone. I also Love not commuting. I had an "easy" commute at the regionals but I was constatly fighting mainline guys and having to school them on their own contract and commuting rights. It was stressful and unpleasant. Not having to commute has relieved A LOT of stress in my life.

Yes, you will make more at the airlines. But the money isn't bad at NJA and there is a lot of potential for soft money. (don't look at base salaries on this site.. they are way off from reality...but still probably not as good as legacy).

you will find a groove at the airlines... knowing a typical schedule. but I've talked to a few buddies at United, Delta, and Southwest recently, asking about their life.. they arne't seeing holidays off. Getting about 12-14 days off a month (after 5 years).... so take commuting into factor. loose a day or two here or there.

I'm not sure about legacy. But when I worked at a regional we somtimes had 1 or two days off between trips. Those days are WORTHLESS to a commuter. Might as well be at work.

With all that said. I am actively updating my apps at the legacies just for the hell of it. Money is money after all. And airline flying is easier. But NJA is a good place to work. And if I never get a call from a legacy, I'm pretty damn happy where I'm at.

-5-7 year F.O.
your info is incorrect. At WN the least days off is 15 on reserve. Lines are build around 17-19 days OFF with longer overnights than Netjets. It’s definitely a lot less work for more pay.