Old 07-31-2021, 10:56 PM
CPT John Luke P
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2019
Default Fuel exhaustion? Nope old worn out engines!

Originally Posted by AirBear View Post
Interview with the Coast Guard Helicopter Pilots who rescued the 737 pilots. One of them mentioned they saw fuel in the water so it's not sounding like fuel exhaustion. The 2nd link is part 2 where they interview the Flight Mech and Rescue Swimmer:

https://youtu.be/z7s-yxH2xHQ

https://youtu.be/nZJPRAkyIRw
the pilots were so covered in fuel in the water (it floats remember straining fuel in a Cessna?) the other people that rode in the elevator at the hospital were throwing up from the fumes. And they were floating/swimming hanging onto the wreckage for almost an hour before there were rescued. As is usual in TransAir fashion the ELT’s did not work (like so many other components in those planes) it took the CH that long to locate them...in the ocean, miles from shore on a moonless night under a BRK 2400 cloud layer.
good thing they made it out. I’m sure they had to have been knocked out at least for a few seconds. Water was already pouring into the cockpit before they could open the windows.
Of course management is blaming the pilots, after bullying them to continue to fly unsafe aircraft. The June 13 FAA shutdown of the maintenance department had absolutely nothing to do with this engine failure (ROLLS EYES!) and none of the pilote
were made aware of that little tidbit of information until the locoa
news released that July 13...
But to be fair, in the benevolence of the owner and management (which bullied pilots in daily basis if you recall from above) is willing to allow the captain that handled the emergency as good as he could have to come back in property as an FO...wow!

So LMK if you want a job there, I’m still good friends (just kidding these people are not worthy to be friends of anyone) with the CP and many of the pilots that went along with management and blamed the pilots and let the maintenance and management get away with almost murder. Granted some of those pilots can NOT work anywhere else, DUI’s, previous FAA investigations, fired from other places, etc. , some are just fully committed to living in Hawaii and will
never leave, wearing those flower lei handcuffs I guess. But the rest that chose to continue to work there are
worse than scabs IMHO. They betrayed their fellow pilots in a life and death matter. I hope no one else treats
them the same way they treated these two pilots when it happens to them next time (and at Transair that will be soon)