View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 09:15 PM
SpeedChecks360
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2020

Originally Posted by yehiel1992 View Post
Hey guys,

Regional airline captain here with 3200 TT and 550 Turbine PIC.

I just finished my Interview with Atlas, which went very well and I am waiting for an answer. I am also waiting on an interview with Allegiant.

I am kind of at a crossroads right now and I am curious what you guys would have done if you were in my shoes.

Stay in my regional airline until I get 1000 Turbine PIC time and in the meantime try applying for other airlines, or go with Atlas, or go with Allegiant (assuming I pass the interview)?

My career goal is to be at a legacy airline, or LLC, or cargo. I would like to live in Florida in base or be home-based in Florida.
That’s not an easy decision. Your pay will immediately be better at Atlas or Allegiant (after training pay). Once the new CBA is implemented your pay will be way better than left seat regional. Depending on your airframe, QOL can be much better. At Allegiant you probably have to live in base to have a decent QOL.

Seek advice from those you trust, your family, mentors and make a decision that works for you and your situation and one that aligns with your goals.