Old 08-11-2021, 01:43 PM
JamesNoBrakes
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Volleyball Player

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
Anybody else the distinct LACK of any control surface movement during the takeoff sequence, airborne or even during the impact?
I don't think 'control lock' issue, control surface issue caused by xxxxxx, and that is where the NTSB comes in.
Do you have a better resolution video you are using that shows the elevator position during the roll and after lift-off? I couldn't tell with the ones I've seen. It's likely the NTSB will analyze the videos hard and determine the control deflections for the flight performance if other methods don't point to the reason. In the reversed controls situation (whether trim or elevator), it's likely the stick would be put full forward and kept there during pretty much the entirety of the situation, due to the effect of the aircraft coming off the ground. Similar to the situations where an aircraft stalls close to the ground and the pilot pulls the yoke back to "avoid the ground" and just locks it full aft until hitting the ground. Hard to expect a human to do any different. Did you see a better video than what has been posted?