Old 08-15-2021, 09:48 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

There's nothing in your PRIA. PRIA is a law which requires certain information from specific sources to be provided to potential airline employers when they ask...

FAA: Certain FAA records will be provided to the potential employer. You can request a copy of those, but what you should really do (every year or two if you have apps out) is FOIA you *entire* FAA record.

NDR: PRIA requires that the employer pull your NDR, with your consent. Get a copy of that too, and I'd suggest doing a FOIA on your entire FBI file.

Employer: A hiring airline will send PRIA requests to previous aviation employers within a certain look back period. You can and should request a copy to yourself anytime this happens. You also can and should get a copy of your current employer's PRIA records (if they have any, all airlines do, military does not). I found a significant error in mine at my regional and I almost have to wonder if they were doing that on purpose to *enhance* retention. Or maybe they just accidentally recorded a failure where none existed?!?!? Or maybe I just pizzed somebody off.

For past employers, yeah they're not required to give you that info so make sure you get it before you leave. And check the box to get a copy anytime it gets pulled for an interview.

And this will all be replaced by PRD in 2-3 years, so sign up, log in, and check your records there too. *** DO NOT assume that PRD currently reflects everything in your record (it does not in my case) so you need to get your actual records because that's what employers will get until PRD replaces PRIA.