View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 07:02 PM
AFW_MD11
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: MD11 FO, ANC

Originally Posted by sparkmo View Post
K. Advance Reserve Assignment

1. The Company may advance assign a reserve pilot a trip(s) from open time in accordance with Section 25.G.1. (Open Time Assignments), only for the following purposes:

a. to satisfy FAR experience requirements for the least restrictive operating limitations (e.g., CAT II/III minimums, 100 block hours in 90 days, 75 block hours in new equipment); or

b. to comply with visa acquisition procedures; or

c. to cover an open time trip that is more than 50 hours TAFB, such assignment shall not be awarded greater than 7 days in advance.
then the Captain on trip 107/8 Mar probably got it on Reserve as a line check to satisfy para. a. above (as he has posted on the other thread - he got it on RSV, and it's a line check)

as for the FO's on the other two (2003/16 Mar, and 139/13 Mar) according to the sections of the contract above they must have either:

1) specifically requested the trip, or

2) the trip was assigned to them "in error" and they will be allowed to choose the options from the grievance settlement posted on the other thread about these pairings

neither 1) or 2) is good, but I'm hoping it isn't 1) and then we all hear "oops, I screwed up....sorry.....it'll never happen again......" - that's really getting old.....and frankly, total BS (in my opinion) - especially with as much emphasis as everyone up here in ANC places on this topic.

This is too important to keep on "accidentally" screwing it up.