View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 09:32 AM
Dnr032
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Originally Posted by TOGA Thrust View Post
Here is my recent (early 2021) wait time for the FAA to process my 1st class medical.

Day 1: FAA medical (AME said it would take 2 weeks to two months to get medical)

Day 7: AME faxed in documents and cover letter OKC. He is very meticulous - he wants to make sure it’s right the first time - which is fine by me.

Day 14: OKC said documents were scanned into system
(Called every two weeks. (Call in the morning, the wait times seem shorter) Each time they said “scanned into system will be reviewed in order in which they were received.” I don’t think they can say anything else and each time they were very polite. I checked the registry every day. https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/Main.aspx

Day 55: Medical showed up on Registry, called OKC and they emailed medical to me. They can fax it but said the email comes through better. They also mail it. From OKC mail takes about 5 days.

In my case I already had an SI for the condition. I had another procedure done which required OKC review. My AME said if you fax in documents to OKC it takes seven days to scan in, if you mail them it takes OKC 30 days to scan them in. (YMMV)

If I had to do it over again, once they said it has been scanned in I would not have called for about a month. Checking the registry is just as good. If it had gotten to two months after being scanned in, I would have been a bit more insistent trying to find out where exactly they were in the process.

Good luck to those of you who are waiting.
Just curious, what was the date on your medical, when you saw the AME or when finally issued by OKC?