View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 04:12 AM
tankerclown23
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by Buford View Post
Interviewed five years ago. We met up at the Hilton across the street the night prior for a beer. That was a good move for all as it broke the ice and helped smooth the nervous chatter on interview day. Three guys didn’t get the job in my group.

First guy was a coast guard pilot. Showed up in a weird tan suit with a glossy pink tie. Seemed okay when I talked with him, but his demeanor screamed ‘outlier’.
Second guy was AF F16 guy. He argued with us all why his Air Force time printouts would suffice and that no logbook was required. Even the other military guys pointed out that Delta asks specifically for a logbook, so you should probably bring a logbook.
Third guy didn’t really speak to anyone all day.

It’s a small sample size example, but it seemed to me all the ‘normal’ types got the job. I flew recently with a guy who’d previously been on the Delta interview team. He had some great stories. One common theme was that most of us aren’t as good at interviewing as we’d like to think. He was a fan of interview prep and said he could usually tell those that used it.
That said, anyone interviewing on the 30th that might want to meet up the night before?