View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 04:02 PM
justshootme
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2021

Originally Posted by jaxsurf View Post
Didn’t see any other responses to this, so I figured I’d try to add something for you. I was a mil guy who went through Delta’s ATP-CTP course, and they broke the app scoring process down for us.

Basically, they have some internal app score minimum, and if an app scores less than that minimum (meaning no interview call), the app gets set aside for 12 months and will not be looked at early for any reason until the 12 months is up (so adding a silver bullet during that 12 months would just be wasted).

The problem is, you don’t know when they would score your app, you don’t know what the minimum score is (because it probably changes depending on many factors) and you don’t know what your app score will be. You also won’t know when they put you on that 12 month cooling off period. All of that stuff is invisible to the applicant, so you have no SA on where your app sits unless and until they call you in for an interview.

I hesitate to give you any advice, but personally speaking, I chose to hold onto my app and NOT publish it until I had every box checked that I possibly could. I finished my time in the mil, checked every box on the app that I could, and quadruple checked my app for errors (and had it reviewed professionally) before I hit submit.

I had low total time (just over 1500 total time, mil + civ) though so I wanted to make sure I had as many other points as I could. I declined to add any conversion to my hours, so all my mil time was as logged (not saying that’s the right way, just what I chose to do).

The reason I hesitate to give you advice is because I don’t know how much weight that unrestricted ATP box carries.
How old is your info?

Sample size of 1, but….

I am in the OP’s shoes. 1700 hours, all mil fighter time. Checked most every square that gives you points from the mil side (SEFE, Chief of Safety, etc). Did professional app review, told I had a very competitive App. Published 5 weeks ago with 4 internals, including CTP. Still crickets.
The only thing not done is my ATM checkride, which is scheduled in a couple weeks.

I assumed the above was true, but reached out to the recruiting Dept on FB messenger. Super helpful. They explained it like this:

Once your app is tagged with an internal rec, it receives an updated score. That score doesn’t change unless you add things like hours, type ratings, etc that effect the normal algorithms. When they go to invite for the test, they just pull the top scores off the stack.

The CTP guys also said that Delta doesn’t care about your light twin ATM checkride, but that was before the process overhaul. I’m hoping that the reason I haven’t gotten a call yet is bc that checkride now carries a bit more weight, and once I get it done it will boost my score enough to get a call.

Or I could be just like the other 4K hopefuls who never hear back. Time will tell.