Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 08:09 AM
USMCpilot
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: GEAR LEVER NINJA

Originally Posted by The Dominican View Post
I didn’t say that total time nor Boeing time were the deciding factors, I said that they were indicators of the probability of an applicant to be successful to complete training within the budget of a particular company. Also this topic is being viewed from a generic hiring point of view when in fact all companies have a very different criteria on what they are looking for in a candidate. We are talking about Omni here and not one of the majors, they want somebody that yes, fits into their company culture but they also want somebody that has the highest probability of success in training for their limited training budget. These are companies that watch people closely during training and they certainly don’t want to dump a lot of cash in training with someone that is constantly behind during training. They rather cut their losses and cut them lose during, simple as that! The numbers from the hiring process is not a guarantee, I agree! But besides having an inside recommendation like the poster with nothing but corporate time, they would rather have somebody that has the Boeing and international time. I’m not saying that somebody that doesn’t have that can’t be successful, I’ve trained hundreds that fall into that column. But the reality is that a company like Omni with a charter business base and tons of international trips, it is logical that they would prefer people with certain qualifications besides having the right attitude and disposition.

Been with Omni for 3 yrs. when I was hired 10 interviewed and all got offers. Only 2 of us were for 121 regional 3 military rest were corporate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk