Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 03:04 PM
JayBee
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by BeatNavy View Post
Pay clock starts day 1 of training (despite being on training pay until done with training). Start date anniversary = year 2 pay, etc.

not sure these days. Things are in flux with this bid that’s about to come out that will likely have massive movement. Guessing 1 year or so to hold MCO E190 (no 195s). Few years to hold Airbus FO MCO.

Not sure what B6 has that AA doesn’t (or Vice versa) culture or crew wise. My friends at AA seem happy there. B6 is not all unicorns and rainbows. Don’t come to B6 for the culture or crew. You might be disappointed. Come for the job, the pay, maybe a base if the difference is a commute vs drive, maybe the ability to instruct in MCO (which you could do year 1 if you applied for a newhire instructor job). Year 1 you’ll make about 80-90k. Year 2 on the E190 prob 115+, more if you hustle. Year 3 on the 190 150k isn’t out of the question, especially now with as much premium as there’s been. So, do the math based on that. Good luck.
Thanks !

I guess I should have a little more specific and said AA regional... for at least 2-3 more years(?) before I actually flow.

From what little I've read the B6 contract looks pretty solid. Any opinions on that out there? Just trying to make the best decision for myself here. Crossing my fingers I don't eff up the interview here, but I've also interviewed elsewhere and also had AA offer up that $150k retention bonus to not leave... What would ya'll say are the best and worst parts of the contract?