View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 09:29 AM
MrClean
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2017
Default Reserve

Originally Posted by TyWebb View Post
This place is slow the majority of the time for people seeking info. I would be willing to think most of our pilots don't come on here much as our union has another source of communication that tends to be quite active. I'll try to answer you as best I can. IF you live in Portland I think the Jet would be the area to go, I don't know much about the Q, but the jet as of this summer was trying to get FO's to bid PDX as the numbers of CA's to FO's aligned very well. You should be able to get PDX out of training on the jet. Again, not sure about the Q, but i've always heard PDX is senior for us on that aircraft, but that could just be the CA side.

Bonus: I have no clue, I would email HR or recruiting rep for that info and keep that email to have it in writing. Also, ask how that is paid out because I guarantee it isn't as straightforward as one may think or how recruiting lays it out. Have that in an email in writing as well.

Reserve: Should be pretty quick here shortly as staffing looks to be hurting in the spring/summer timeframe. I can't give you a good answer and I am not sure many could right now, and if you live in base it won't be much of an issue anyway. Best guess, 3-5 months, if that, once the major movement of staffing happens.

Upgrade: I think the regional industry as a whole is going to be the same.... as soon as you get your 1000 hrs 121 you can upgrade. That is based on the current environment and of course, if the economy takes a hit and things halt, then times/availability will vary. Right now, doesn't seem like much is stopping the majors from getting as many as they can as it's a staffing war between them all. Alaska seems to be slow to react and changing our Pathways program (for the better this time) and the big 5 are fighting with each other. FO's are getting hired at the United and American right now without any 121 PIC.
Thank you TyWebb for the response. I noticed that there wasn't much on Horizon on the forums here, so that clears that up. I live about an hour+ from PDX so that would be ideal. Which brings up another question, what are the different types of reserve and report times for each one?