View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 04:21 AM
FlyyGuyy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by Levergrater12 View Post
Hi,

I am a Cpt with a large UK airline. I have suffered with CSR for 17 years. Initially I changed lifestyle etc and I was still getting it 3/4 times per year. Had to report sick several times etc. I conducted loads of research, self- funded to fly over to the Mayo clinic in Jacksonville for a second opinion. They recommended eplenerone.

I cane back to the UK and was referred to Professor Simon Taylor at the Nuffield in Guildford. This doctor is amazing. Eplerone is working!!! I am beyond happy and if it does leak it will be zapped with a laser. These days then can even pinpoint the leak on cross sectional scans of your retina.

50mg of eplenerone works for me. I was very concerned about my diminishing vision due to scar tissue that will never gonna away.

If you need any help support please get in touch as I have been through it for several years.
I hadn't heard of this treatment. I was able to get a special issuance medical for now. I've been clear for 3 months but if it comes back this sounds promising. I had the laser (photodynamic therapy) in August and it was gone right away, thankfully.

I believe it was induced by stress last year with furlough, the pandemic and an unexpected pregnancy (blessing nonetheless). Next summer I'll have to get another scan and have it sent to the FAA, if I'm clear then I can keep doing that every year.

If not I'll look into eplenerone or a SODA issuance of my medical monocular vision ( not really that excited about this option).

Thank you!