Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 08:09 AM
ZippyNH
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by Gapilot View Post
I am curious if anyone here that is still currently working for Ameriflight, know if there anything happening with the First officer position. I understand they are working to bring people up thru their pilot program pathway to UPS and United. I been seeing more spots open for the Captain position on the employment website.

I am keeping an eye out on the website to see any opening for the FO opportunity. Will Ameriflight might possibly expand their FO to more aircraft to keep up with their Captain requirements for the BE-99 and other aircraft?

Thanks for any info.
Have seen new hire FO's for the metro charter program doing IOE while flying the line...due to long days and higher flight times charter often uses a copilot, since having one allows for longer flights, contributeing to the usability of the plane rather than just an added cost ..the copilots typically build hours to 135 mins, then go to a 99, then a typed plane. Guessing you just need to be looking at the right time too see an opening...let's face, sure there are lots of potential candidates and a stack of resumes.
Working charter is hard work (there are extra bonuses and incentives to off set this partially for captains) but it's faster way to build time and get quality experience with multiple airports. It's a very different job than out and back trips out of a base.
Some love it, some hate it.