Thread: Red Eye Tips
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 01:54 PM
wankel7
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2010
Position: Weekends off

Originally Posted by fishn View Post
In addition to melatonin anyone experimented with using blue light blocking glasses in cockpit and on the way to the hotel? I’ve read the blue light is what can hinder the bodies natural melatonin production. Wondering if a blue light blocking lenses with an amber tint could help?
I've been using them if I'm planning on going to bed at a normal bed time. I feel like it reduces eye strain also. I've been using them for a few months now. Although, mine are clear. I think prescription glasses can have blue light filtering added. I wonder if they can do that with contacts?

I've also turned on Night Shift or what ever the phone / tablets/ computers call their blue light reduction. I seems to make the screen less white and more brown.

I'm trying to become more careful about drinking water closer to bed time especially on back side of the clock flying.

Apparently, being awake during your normal sleep period can mess with the hormones that suppress the urge to pee while you sleep. So, being hydrated can lead to getting up several times to pee when you want to sleep.