View Single Post
Old 10-27-2021, 06:51 AM
DashAviator
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by Erjpilot90 View Post
It sucks but how is this HSA cut against the CBA? I read the CBA and all it says is the company must provide health insurance. Nothing about HSA or how much they must contribute. I don’t see how the union wins this. We need a much stronger CBA or we will continue to be pushed around.

I Honestly don’t blame AAG for using our weak contract to their advantage.

I also agree morale is an all time low….so many people are jumping ship, we are gonna be in a bad position for summer…
When I was hired, our health plan was a fairly standard health insurance plan with a relatively low deductible and low (or no premiums) for individuals. The dental and vision plan weren't that good, but it was basically free for checkups and routine diagnostic tests. Starting with the February 2016 contract, all new hires were automatically enrolled in a high-deductible plan with a Health Savings Account. Our more senior employees are allowed to stay on the old plan or opt for the high-deductible plan. Most of us have stayed on the old plan.

The change in medical benefits for new hires was one of several reasons I voted AGAINST the proposed contract when it came up for a vote. Not my most important reason, but it angered me that the company and the union were willing to throw the new kids under the bus. A built-in "B" scale for insurance is just another way the company divides the pilot group against itself.

If you've worked a job (any job) for a while, you start to understand that pay is only part of the compensation package - it's all about the "bennies".