View Single Post
Old 11-02-2021, 02:11 AM
C17B74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX

I post this somewhat objectively, but definitely subjectively based on my own priorities on the 74. Not to be argumentative, but just to be me.

I preface the below with - Basic Good, some Great and a couple of Fantastics’ as I normally walk thru life with: “It could be worse, it could be raining!” - Young Frankenstein. I know it’s not all Beer and Brats here, but I’ve had more than most in a lifetime. It’s all your own priorities as the grass isn’t always greener as it seems.
- 17 Work Days vs some other ACMI outfits are 20, but like K4, Former Polar 16 Work day is greatly missed. 60 Day lines help to kill the monotony at times. (Yup, I pushed it too far)… not recommended for homebodies per say.
- 50% DH credit vs 33% or whatever it was. Maybe 1:1 next time, go gett’m gents!
- 50% 401K matching is now 60%, increasing in 5% increments, per year of signing, maximum of 80% a few years down the road. Hopefully better next time.
- Per Diem increases (Good to have something to fall back on after the $4 CVD19 adjustment)
- Several MOU’s have helped or are still helping. Hostile and CVD19 increases to various areas.
- Over 8hr legs = 3 Pilots, Over 12hr legs = 4 Pilots splitting workload down the middle sort of speak.
- Cruising in comfortable clothing.
- Big Boy Sick Call/Fatigue program.
- Single adventurous life thrives here. Having a strong independent better half is a must.
- Gateway Travel with Hotel awaiting - Not Home basing, but better than jumping/crash pads. Half the pressure for other places is getting to work.
- Business or better International travel and the Domestic travel is significantly better. Trips to/from HI, AK, etc.
- Hotel Committee working hard and it shows. Food is better and they’re striving hard and I am thankful. Tough job, wouldn’t want it.
- Decent increase in pay rates - taking into account last years 10% as well. I know we’re behind or leap frogged soon, but an increase is better than current book!!!
- Ability to increase your pay exists, seniority helps of course in many cases but you will work for it. Never out-based but it’s an option.
- Variety of flying to locations no other outfit could offer: Good, Bad, the Ugly - it’s all an experience so I am traveling on company time.
- As a Foodie having lived abroad and having family in Europe and the Far East, it’s great to have the ultimate authentic experiences.
- Good Crews from all walks of life solving the worlds problems at 35,000ft+/Mach .90
- Caveat: Most of the fun was pre-CVD19. Some areas have lightened up and others are quite worse. May we return to stability someday.

*Not waking up at 3AM every day, 3-5 days straight, 3,4,5 legs each day with pax or sleeping my days away doing hub turns with 2-3hr lounge chair naps. Not as many cookie cutter runs, but must admit we have our days and if you don’t mind change this isn’t for you.
- Getting better at least, not leaps and bounds but better which isn’t backwards.
>Thanks to those leading the way and the committee’s working hard to create betterment within our profession<

Last edited by C17B74; 11-02-2021 at 02:56 AM.