View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 07:00 PM
L'il J.Seinfeld
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Brown

Originally Posted by Laxrox43
This Post is for USAF pilots:

I am interested in going into the Officer program. I am 21, and by the time I finish my BBA, I will be 23/24. Is this too late to enter the Officer program, and then go through flight training thereafter? I am already a Civilian CFII/MEI. I am assuming it would be transitional training since I have all of the primary training complete?

What is the deal with corrective lenses? Any idea? If you wear glasses/contacts and want to fly, is the corrective surgery manditory/recommended? Also, if you have asthma of any sort, does this disqualify your military medical? (Allergy/Sport induced asthma)

Thank you to all who have input.

Lax
Transitional training!!?? Are you trying to stir the pot? You'd start out in undergraduate pilot training and your first instructor could be a 300 hour FAIP (first assignment instructor pilot) who never got anything past a ppl. It is a far cry between a CFII/MEI and being a military aviator. Try flying 12 inches from the wingtip of another airplane while coming down final on a formation landing and you will see the unique skill set you will have to dedicate yourself to in order to develop. Asthma is a disqualifier as is bad eyesight. Hope this helps--just trying to be straight-up.