View Single Post
Old 11-09-2021, 08:49 AM
flensr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by busdriver12 View Post
I’m curious where you can get a seven figure pay raise over SWA. Unless you’re compiling salary over many years.
Of course compiling career earnings.

A guy I know just got hired by United, got his first pick, then during training was offered 787. He has 2 years less than me remaining until age 65, 3.5 yrs less seniority there than I have at SWA, and he'll out-earn me by a large amount even though I can work 2 years longer than he can and I'll generally have more seniority. The CA upgrade time at SWA and no payscale options make a huge difference in career earnings. You can always argue quality of life or any other reason to pick a lower paying job over a higher paying one, but I'm comparing nothing but pay here. Plus, anyone at SWA now can tell you what a fun place this has become over the last year... Mandatory unscheduled overnights into days off and true JA assignments are out of control, and corporate just told us to fly sick or we're not doing our part. So while I'm clearly talking about compensation here, it's worth noting that the QOL arguments are less and less relevant.