View Single Post
Old 11-09-2021, 03:52 PM
hoover
At your mom's house

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: cpt 737

Originally Posted by flensr View Post
Of course compiling career earnings.

A guy I know just got hired by United, got his first pick, then during training was offered 787. He has 2 years less than me remaining until age 65, 3.5 yrs less seniority there than I have at SWA, and he'll out-earn me by a large amount even though I can work 2 years longer than he can and I'll generally have more seniority. The CA upgrade time at SWA and no payscale options make a huge difference in career earnings. You can always argue quality of life or any other reason to pick a lower paying job over a higher paying one, but I'm comparing nothing but pay here. Plus, anyone at SWA now can tell you what a fun place this has become over the last year... Mandatory unscheduled overnights into days off and true JA assignments are out of control, and corporate just told us to fly sick or we're not doing our part. So while I'm clearly talking about compensation here, it's worth noting that the QOL arguments are less and less relevant.
where did he get offered 787 fo? I was up front with a United guy at 5 yrs and couldn't hold 787 anywhere