View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 05:39 AM
ZapBrannigan
Furloughed Again?!

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Boeing 737
Default Serious thoughts about leaving.

Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
Well, I wish TA-1 had passed… I had my resume and logbooks ready to go. Now, I’m stuck wishing that I had… The only things I see better here is vacation and flexibility… it’s a tough choice, but…. Good luck.

Vacation, for sure. Except for the ability to bid big blocks of vacation and use them as a commodity to get whatever else you want. That system favors the ultra senior at the expense of the senior and mid seniority pilots.

Flexibility? I'm not so sure. You can't drop trips here. Trading down is a challenge when times are good.

There are two things we can do here that we couldn't do at most of the other places I worked. 1. Pick up out of another domicile and, 2. Fly as much as you want (other places had a pay cap, negative bank etc)

At those other places we had the ability to bid for training (date and sim time), trips that touched training would drop so it became just another schedule adjustment tool. Schedule adjustment period was much closer in than ELITT. Choose trips as a reserve. Get released early as a reserve with no assignment. Long call reserve. Release until report on reserve.

I think the flexibility is a bit of a myth here, and is further limited every year by worsening tech debt.

Last edited by ZapBrannigan; 11-16-2021 at 05:56 AM.