View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 07:15 AM
rightseat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

“The grass is always greener” comes to mind. If you live in your domicile, drive to work and have less than five years in — maybe you might want to think about leaving if your desired prize is any early upgrade.

SW has a history of doing what it needs to do to succeed. This includes TA2, fuel hedging better than any of their competitors, hiring practices and much more. What a difference a year makes when it was widely believed that only SW and Delta might survive because of their cash position. Again, SW leadership did what it needed to do.

I am a realist who sees a half full glass. Our new leadership team will bring changes. I think the next two years will allow you to see the tea leaves of our future.

Personally - I live in base, drive to work and am in it for the long haul. I firmly believe SW is going to have to make some dramatic changes to draw the top talent they have in the past. At this moment in time - Delta would probably be my top choice if I was just coming to the majors. Five years ago it was Southwest. The pendulum will swing again and hopefully it will be back in our favor.