Old 11-21-2021, 05:45 AM
Steverin06
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2017

I am an active duty pilot at Randolph and started a 6 month Skillbridge with a flight school on Nov 1. I was able to curtail 109 days of my UPT ADSC based on a Director of Ops job offer from the school. To sweeten the deal for the AF (they probably wouldn't have let me go 6 months prior without this), I still fly as an IFF IP twice a week to stay current/proficient in the jet for my transition to the reserves. I was 200 hours short of 1500 (plan is airlines) when I decided to separate and get real hours at a flight school rather than .8 at a time in the T-38. High flyer at the school gets ~150 a month. I've never gotten even close to that in an entire year as a fighter pilot.

I have been learning 6 different airplanes, and it's quite a bit of information. Cirrus SR-20/22/22T, TBM 850, Seneca II (Which I just got R-ATP via MIL2ATP - HIGHLY recommend) and a DA-42. The longer you stay at the company, generally the more you can expect they'll invest in you. There's a few other skillbridge bros here but they are in/out = not getting trained in the TBM. The job offer is a fantastic backup if the majors don't call.

I could only get an MEI-I from my MCI, so sooner than later I will need to get a CFI topoff. Right now I get good flying just flying around fractional owners in the cirrus/tbm. I talked to a CFI bro who is an IP at Seymour, working part-time at mil2atp - the CFI topoff can be challanging depending on what maneuvers the DPE asks of you.