View Single Post
Old 12-03-2021, 08:11 PM
westcoastywoast
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2021

Originally Posted by BurnerPilot View Post
I feel like he has a pretty good idea and a sense of how this industry goes.

I agree with many of these points.

Management keeps pointing out how our performance is great and revenue is up. Nothing but praises going out for our flight crew with no reward to show for it. The company makes many good moves operationally but the relation with the pilot group is getting more distant over the years. Our management in flight ops mentioned that our COO has the pilot groups best interest but I beg to differ. When "John from HPN" brought up his points in the call, our COO was on his heels and said things that I am sure he is regretting because he made our pilot group seem like we are worthless. JSX shouldn't have the culture of "shut up and fly". Like he mentioned pilots here are making this their stepping stone or they are here for a retirement gig. Most people aren't here to stay but this is a place where they can get people to stay. They should make it tough for pilots to make a decision to leave but our COO don't think we are deserving of anything. The COO is insulting and completely inconsiderate. You have people that want to be here and grow with the company but he couldn't give two $h#%'s.

This pilot group actually has a decent QOL compared to the regionals. It's not the best, but it is good for most of the pilot group. You are right, they could easily change the model and all of a sudden, it wouldn't be as attractive and we could have a really bad schedule.

Change is needed here for the pilots, and it starts with the CEO and COO apologizing to the pilot group for not understanding the pilot group. Our needs have been brought up but not addressed correctly. Crew meals, more pay, and a bid system that ACTUALLY works would be a great start. The clock is ticking for a union. Management will want to stop it but this pilot group should HEAVILY consider one. The company will keep pouring KoolAid down your throats but how much longer are we going to take this? Our JFAC can't do enough. Not knocking our new JFAC but things need to happen quickly and the pilots need a contract NOW.

John from HPN, you cracked me up on that phone call. It was great!

RFT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk