View Single Post
Old 12-17-2021, 11:21 AM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by AdAstra View Post
I’ll be starting class soon. I got awarded the 737. I’m completely spoiled coming from Republic I only flew the 175. How difficult will the transition to the 737 be for me? I’m a little nervous going to very little system automation and such. Curious what everyone thinks! Thank you
What does "very little systems automation" mean?

Crew van legend and lore is that the 73 has some mind blowing overhead panel but that's simply false. The bleed panel takes a little thought til you get used to it. Other than that it's garden variety. It doesn't draw little systems lines on the screen showing what's powered etc, but you easily see what checklist you need to look up. Its an absolute non event. Its highly capable and has features that few other planes have for SA. Its a bit pitchy on final but not too bad. The only legitimate complaint is its a bit cramped and the seat track usually only allows a slight recline or a slight move back. Its also on the noisy side, but it seems like we've finally, FINALLY, killed the masochist culture of one ear on one ear off yelling at eachother.