View Single Post
Old 12-25-2021, 01:29 PM
9mikemike
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2019

Am well aware of both the SEC filings and the belief that AG is somehow “operating” airlines….They for sure are owning things but they dont operate. QX and OO both provide pilots,fa’s, mechs, and jets…Where they go and when they go and how often they go is entirely up to the Alaska Airlines VP of commercial operations and his myriad of minions… All of the seats are 100% controlled and owned by Alaska Airlines. When we finally negotiate scope at Alaska Airlines it will apply equally to all CPA flying.. OO, QX and who ever else is on that list and operates scoped aircraft. I grant you that it is a long time coming but it will. The simple fact of ownership does not change the nature of the relationship….There are many proud Horizon employees who remember when there was a Horizon Air….That sold tickets and operated for other carriers and controlled their own seat inventory. QX still exists, just not in “airline form” any longer. The ANC situation is most assuredly a tinder box….Pilots/FA’s and jets from another airline with the Marley logo painted on the tail are replacing flying that Alaska Airlines pilots have done for 35+ years….A decision made by their employer unencumbered by contractual obligation. I place that fault on us, the Alaska Airlines pilots who bought the “siren song” for too long. Your airline was told by my airline to go to Anchorage and open up shop. The ANC base or a few of them will behave childishly because they do not understand the airline business. It is inexcusable and will be stopped. If JSing becomes an issue that to will be stopped. We need to do us and Horizon needs to do them… Period