View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 04:13 PM
ficone
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: 757 FO
Thumbs down Gleim

I'd have to recommend _against_ the Gleim studyware.

Though the software itself is good, I've not been happy with the way they license it and their customer service attitude.

I bought the 2007 version to study for the ATPw, which I passed easily enough with the help of the program, but have since changed computers/upgraded hard drives a few times. The license allows you to activate the software twice.

Now, I am wanting to study again to prep for possible interviews, and was unable to install it on my present computer (even though it is installed nowhere else mind you). So I contacted their customer service. Their attitude is that it would be doing me a favor to make an exception.

In order to do me this "courtesy," I have to fill out, sign, and send back to them (fax or email scanned in copy) this "Computer Repair / Upgrade Affidavit" form they sent me stating how I upgraded my computer, and I have to attach receipts proving these upgrades to them!!! I am considering not even bothering - it's bs.

I mean, if I wanted to use their software illegally, I wouldn't have paid for it to begin with!

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like to be treated like a criminal due to some copy protection scheme that only hurts legitimate buyers.