View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 09:41 AM
TyWebb
Works Fri-Sun, golf M-Th

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: Golf Cart

Originally Posted by clearandcold View Post
Anybody care to share?
I wouldn't worry about it if you are a protentional new hire. As someone else asked it was a little gringy due to how many times the company, via Alaska's chief pilot, has flip flopped on this pathways. It isn't negotiated through the union so not very surprising. Horizon pilots were told that no-one outside of the pathways has a shot with anything less than 5k hrs and at least 1k 121 PIC, to now meaningless emails pleading with anyone in the pilot group that hasn't signed up for the pathways interviews to please do so. That same email also informed QX pilots that AAG has setup a pathways for Skywest but tried to put a cherry on top for us by saying they would require 24 months in the left seat for any Skywest candidate vs our 12 months. However, We all know people that have moved on to mainline via the pathways and I am hearing some interesting stats on new hires our friends are in class with. A SkyWest pilot in a recent new hire class with 2800 hrs and 83TPIC!?? So seems if you are at anything but the wholly owned you'd be looked at sooner. I don't want to speak for the pilot group as a whole but these emails just seem like a waste and the info always changes a couple months down the road, so why give them any weight.

If they're needing more pilots on the list, especially with experience, then why even make them interview when you are putting Horizon new hires on automatically?