Old 01-29-2022, 07:29 PM
paulcg77
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: A shack in Kailua

Originally Posted by galaxy flyer View Post
Last I was involved with transitioning Army helo pilots, it was full course UPT. It’s been that way for donkey’s years. If you do that, anything’s possible.
Yeah, I assumed if he was Army RW he'd have to repeat UPT. If he's an Army CW3 with a few years of rated 60 time and he gets out completely and applies for a job in an air guard unit, I assume it would be totally possible for him to get picked up, go to UPT as an O1 or O1E depending on his background, and then fly fighters. I think if he's young enough and has good FITREP/OER's and a proven record of getting through previous military training as a rated aviator and finds an air guard unit that likes him and he's willing to potentially start over (depending on his background), as you said, the sky is the limit. The CG gets a few army CWO's every year who come over and direct commission. Some of them stay RW, some go FW and basically start over depending on the needs of the service and their preference. Yes, I know a herc isn't an F15, but it's definitely do-able.