View Single Post
Old 02-09-2022, 08:22 AM
Alpine Pilot
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2021
Position: B1900 Captain

Originally Posted by JLTD View Post
Thanks for the pay update...nice that they've simplified the bonus structure. I'm still on the fence, as having 2 in college and taking a pay cut isn't the smartest move. That said, I wanted to ask about the instructor situation. I live in Centennial and am wondering just how long you need to fly the line to become qualified to be an instructor?

Appreciate all the perspective you've put out there...still waiting on the line pics though
The instructor gig just depends on all the normal stuff you would expect. Things like past experience, how you get along with other pilots, fit in with the training team, waiting until we have a need for another instructor, etc. There's no specific time on the line required, but having at least a few months helps you understand how to teach some of the materials and relate with the line pilots. Living in Centennial where we train at would certainly help though, we don't have any instructors currently located in the Denver area. I'll be at ATS from the 12th to the 26th of February, so if you want to come see the training center I could show you around.

The pics... yeah I know, I'll get to it but a lot of other things needed attention and I wan't actually on the line much the past couple of months. I'll be around to take pictures again next month when I return from Denver.