Thread: Great Lakes
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 10:06 PM
Laxrox43
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: A320/321 FO

I have a buddy flying for them. Yes, QOL isn't all that hot, but the upgrade is about a year to a year and a half. You are flying to 'podunk' airports in mountainous terrain - good experience. Some of his friends that he flew with, went on to Frontier after being a CA for about a year to a year and a half.

So yes, I agree with Mustang on the QOL part, but if you 'buddy' up with a few guys/gals from class (as my friend did), its not so bad. You make about 1200-1500/month he said.

Plus he told me that the company gets a HUGE discount on Season Passes to 4 major resorts in the area. (Not to get side-tracked or anything...) Don't quote me...but Brekenridge, Keystone, Telluride and A-Bason ring a bell. Not 100% on that...but nontheless, you get to ski/snowboard out West when you have a hard day off. They are all with in about an hours driving range.

Now...don't choose a job because of a benefit such as that...you would be an idiot (which I'm sure you aren't) - hehehe...

Just a quick pointer - If you are trying to get hired at GLA, it is pertinent that you have an inside reference. It's not required, but it helps - A LOT!

Anyway, its 2am...and if any of you are wondering what the heck I just wrote...that's my excuse...

Lax