View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 05:27 PM
CFITlikely
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2021

I have a question regarding this topic. I'm currently an FO at a regional and considering making jump to the Fractional world. I feel like it would be a nice bump in pay & QOL. Additionally, I've always felt like I should go somewhere where I'd be okay "getting stuck", so I'd be okay potentially making a career there. With that being said, I pretty much have two questions:

1. I've heard it's hard to go from a Fractional to the Legacies but maybe that's changing with how the current hiring market is. Do you think it's realistic that I could go to a Fractional and then make a decision to either stay or try to make a jump to a legacy from there?

2. When it comes down to it, I'd rather be at one that is more stable long term and can ride out the economic waves a little bit better. During Covid it seemed like the Fractional world recovered a lot faster than the airlines and so I guess my question is typically during down turns in the market, do you see the airlines or fractionals being more secure?

Any advice is appreciated, just curious to learn more from those that have a little more experience in those areas.