View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 10:34 PM
Mordi
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Regarding your comment about a known history of false indications: By ignoring warnings, you skew the data your management uses to make good decisions too. If there was a fault with something as critical as your fire indicating system, that needs to be fixed. Ignoring the warning because it was written up on the last flight only enables your mx team to push something out the door prematurely. If an operator isn't maintaining their airplanes, a few diversions may go far to show them the financial incentive to maintain their equipment. I'm not saying I would ever divert intentionally to cause harm to my employer, but you are legally obligated to operate safely and if following procedures means shutting down an engine and diverting over a faulty indication, and the faulty indication was due to an ongoing problem that wasn't addressed - then your employer made that decision to risk incurring those costs long before you got behind the wheel.

Think of this from a human factors perspective too. Ever read much (or experience) normalization of deviancy? If you make a habit of not taking fire warnings seriously, what happens when its an oil pressure low, or TCAS RA?

What would you do on a checkride?