View Single Post
Old 05-13-2022, 06:46 AM
multipilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Default How to correct previous medical apps?

So I filled out and submitted my medical application for todays visit, but started going back through previous applications and realized I unintentionally omitted information in box 18x regarding other illness, disability, or surgery on a bunch of those previous applications. The surgeries I had were simple enough, were always reported in the 3-year Dr. visits section the following 3 years, and my AME and I talked about them. For whatever reason I never consistently marked them in box 18x on the applications following the surgeries. This most current application is accurate and correct, and will be moving forward.

I talked with AOPA’s PPS medical folks and they said I should just make it correct by stating previously reported on this application and move forward. I also have a separate protection plan through my employer and I am waiting to hear back regarding a second opinion.

I am aware of the repercussions of intentional falsification, and I assure you that was not what I was trying to do even though on the surface it could be possibly misinterpreted that way. Ultimately my question is this, is there any way I can go back and proactively correct my unintentional mistakes on previous applications? I would really hate to have a paperwork audit due to some reason or another and be accused of intentional falsification when that is simply not the case.

Does anyone have any experience with this?