View Single Post
Old 05-22-2022, 02:27 AM
Pilot4000
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2021

Originally Posted by Bat Guano View Post
Pilot4000,
I am typed in the Bravo. I got it at Flight Safety MCO this past Feb. The guy who owns the jet paid for all of it. Hotel, rental car, per diem. Sweet. We use it for his private travel needs and 135 work. Most of it so far has been 135.

I live in Virginia Beach. I am five mins from KORF.

Regarding my Type, what's required to get the next one? Is there a differences course or are you starting from scratch?
Well yeah, of course the owner is going to pay for it, that is how it works in the 91/135 world. I would hope you got a salary while you were there as well.

You have a CE500 type rating, which covers a lot of airplanes. If you want to get typed in a different airplane, you have to go to training for that, and get a new type rating. I guess it depends on what the "next one" is. If you want to fly a Gulfstream 4, you need to get a GLF4 type rating, etc. As a previous poster said, don't pay for your type ratings. It lowers the bar for everyone else. Don't work for free or for well below market rates either.

You have to network to get more work. Talk to some of the other operators based at your airport. See if there is a local business aviation association. If there is, a lot of times they have events. Put on a nice shirt and go to them and get to know the local operators.

Good luck.