View Single Post
Old 05-22-2022, 10:51 AM
Pilot4000
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2021

Originally Posted by Bat Guano View Post
I should have written more clearly. Most of my time is airline and my brain has turned to mush after staring at clouds for 35 yrs.

I've got 8 types, so I understand that a different type requires training. My question was more about which airframes are covered by a Citation Bravo Type Rating? Where along the Citation line does it stop? ie, Does a Citation Encore fly under a "Bravo Type"? I have heard conflicting information from guys, so I am looking for clarification. And since I don't know a Citation Soverign from a Citation Mustang....I ask stupid questions.

I was initially told that my boss would not pay for training unless I agreed to FT work. FT work was not an option I was interested in. Yet, later on, they sent me anyway even though I had only agreed to PT work. So, this is why I was grateful. I'll never buy a type.
There is no such thing as a "Bravo type". Your license says CE500. The CE500 covers the Citation 500, I, I/SP, II, II/SP, V, Ultra, Encore, and Bravo.

The FAA doesn't require any kind of differences training. The insurance company may have other ideas though.